- A black pigment made from soot.More example sentences
- The vast majority of black pigments consist of finely divided particles of carbon-carbon black or lampblack.
- Indian or Chinese ink is essentially lampblack (carbon ink) which is mixed with gum and resin and hardened by baking.
- The firm bought and sold fancy goods, sheet iron, iron and brass nails, slate boards and other slate products, lampblack and resin, and children's toys made of wood and papier-mache.
More definitions of lampblackDefinition of lampblack in:
- The British & World English dictionary