Definition of lamplight in English:
The light cast from a lamp: he was working in the stables by lamplight
More example sentences
- She was gone, melted into the dark shadows of the night outside the dim circle of lamplight.
- And the art, hung here and there and lit in one case by lamplight, was a hodgepodge of styles.
- The lamplight cast gentle shadows, and on the carpeted floor Ben's feet made no sound at all.
- Example sentences
- To the west the ornamental gardens complete with boating lake, all encircled by a lamplit carriage drive.
- Seen from above, the horizon dissolves as the lamplit sea and starlit sky shimmer into one.
- She walked between them down one lamplit corridor after another.
Definition of lamplight in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan