A tall pole with a light at the top; a street light.
More example sentences
- The only light that was coming into the room was from the outside lamp post in the parking lot.
- The Range Rover, totally off course, went straight into a lamp post.
- The vehicle hit a lamp post next to the concrete median barrier adjacent to the fast lane.
between you, me, and the lamppost (or the bedpost or the wall)
- informal In strict confidence.More example sentences
- We're tickled of course, but between you and me and the bedpost, we think our best is yet to come.
- Just between you and me and the wall, I think a major error was made in their film archetype-ology.
- So, as I said earlier, let's keep it between you and me and the gatepost.
Definition of lamppost in:
- The British & World English dictionary