- An enlisted person in the US Marine Corps ranking above private first class and below corporal.More example sentences
- He fought in the Tet Offensive in 1968 as a lance corporal with the 1st Battalion, 7th Marines.
- Her mother married a dashing Jack-the-lad, who had been a lance corporal in the Royal Army Medical Corps in the war.
- George Solomou is a lance corporal in the Royal Army Medical Corps, attached to the London Irish Rifles.
late 18th century: on the analogy of obsolete lancepesade, the lowest grade of noncommissioned officer, based on Italian lancia spezzata 'broken lance'.
More definitions of lance corporalDefinition of lance corporal in:
- The British & World English dictionary