- A connection between two landmasses, especially a prehistoric one that allowed humans and animals to colonize new territory before being cut off by the sea, as across the Bering Strait and the English Channel.More example sentences
- Catastrophic breaching of the hypothetical land bridge allowed salt water from the Mediterranean to pour into the Black Sea.
- Between about 8000 BC and 6000 BC rising sea levels severed the land bridge between Britain and the Continent.
- This land bridge allowed primitive mammals to colonize South America from the North.
More definitions of land bridgeDefinition of land bridge in:
- The British & World English dictionary