Definition of land crab in English:
A crab that lives in burrows inland and migrates in large numbers to the sea to breed.
- Family Gecarcinidae: Cardisoma and other genera
- The woods around the fort buildings are a good place to spot several kinds of land crab, and migrant bird species nest in the nearby marsh.
- However, there are also swimming crabs and land crabs, and the range of sizes and configurations is huge.
- This phenomenon has been particularly thoroughly studied in land crabs, which often occur in habitats containing both seawater and freshwater.
Definition of land crab in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan