- A spacecraft designed to land on the surface of a planet or moon: a lunar lander Compare with orbiter.More example sentences
- Moreover, while China has discussed developing a rudimentary space station, there is no evidence of the development of spacecraft, like landers, needed for lunar missions.
- This capability will serve both to relay detailed findings of the instruments on the orbiter and enable data relay from other landers on the Martian surface to Earth.
- It comprised of three different modules, and was similar in design to previous Moon landers.
More definitions of landerDefinition of lander in:
- The British & World English dictionary