- The undercarriage of an aircraft, including the wheels or pontoons on which it rests while not in the air.More example sentences
- It is thought the seat of the fire was in the landing gear under the aircraft's main fuselage.
- You may get killed walking across the street when you can get hit by a landing gear falling from an aircraft.
- On touchdown, all three landing gears were sheared and the aircraft underside was substantially damaged.
More definitions of landing gearDefinition of landing gear in:
- The British & World English dictionary