(Especially of an agricultural worker) owning no land.
- With a large population of landless agricultural workers, the pressure on land is enormous.
- Debt-driven small farmers and landless workers have left this district in larger numbers this season.
- The rural poor, especially landless labourers will take a hit five ways, at least.
- Example sentences
- But with poverty and landlessness forcing many villagers and internal refugees elsewhere in Cambodia to move back into mined areas, the need for clearance teams has seldom been stronger.
- Therefore, increasing landlessness (even in terms of occupancy holdings) of the rural population may also lead to less employment generation in agriculture.
- Displacement of families owing to development projects, unemployment and landlessness force the migrant to sell his child for labour.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of landless in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.