- 1A person, especially a man, who rents land, a building, or an apartment to a tenant.More example sentences
- The goal is to educate tenants about the legal amount their landlord can up their rent.
- Some land was owned by landlords who rented to cultivators, some was in the hands of owner-operators.
- The oversupply of rental property has resulted in landlords cutting rents to attract tenants.
- 1.1A person who owns or runs a boarding house, inn, or similar establishment.More example sentences
- He called for landlords, the drinks industry and hoteliers to work together to ease the passage of the Bill.
- It's a far cry from the message that went out last month when licensing officials urged landlords not to rush applications.
- Now the police are keen to extend the scheme to the whole of Craven and will write to landlords and licensees explaining how it works.