- A local cultivar or animal breed that has been improved by traditional agricultural methods.More example sentences
- Because of maternal inheritance of chloroplasts, we attempted, when possible, to use landraces and cultivars derived from selections to avoid loss of chloroplast information from hybridization events.
- In oat, BEER et al. found associations between markers and 13 quantitative traits in a set of 64 landraces and cultivars.
- The most recent history of durum wheat has been marked by modern genetic improvement, involving the replacement of landraces by inbred varieties and the introduction of dwarfing genes (second part of the 20th century).
More definitions of landraceDefinition of landrace in:
- The British & World English dictionary