A large, commercially important prawn.
- Nephrops norvegicus, class Malacostraca
More example sentences
- Oh they're really quite small, they'd be about the same size as a nice big tiger prawn or a langoustine, so half the size of a lobster that you would expect to buy in the shop that had been caught in the wild.
- Colin hand-dives for scallops when he has time, and a friend's creels supply us with crabs and lobsters, crayfish and langoustines.
- For main, if your'e feeling decadent, why not go for the lobster platter; langoustines, mussels, whelks, oysters all surround the halved lobster on a bed of ice.
Definition of langoustine in:
- The British & World English dictionary