Definition of lanner in English:
- Falco biarmicus, family Falconidae
- Many people have flown lanner falcons, but few have had good results taking game with them.
- There are thought to be about a million lanner falcons in the world and they are common through much of southern Europe, the Middle East, south-west Asia and Africa.
- Large and small white egrets, spoonbills, black cranes and the very rare lanner falcons are permanent inhabitants of the near-by, strictly protected bird reserve.
Late Middle English: from Old French lanier, perhaps a noun use of lanier 'cowardly', from a derogatory use of lanier 'wool merchant', from Latin lanarius, from lana 'wool'.
Words that rhyme with lannerAlana, Anna, bandanna, banner, Branagh, canna, canner, Diana, fanner, Fermanagh, Guyana, Hannah, Havana, hosanna, Indiana, Joanna, Louisiana, manna, manner, manor, Montana, nana, planner, Pollyanna, Rosanna, savannah, scanner, spanner, Susanna, tanner
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.