Definition of lantana in English:
A tropical evergreen shrub of the verbena family, several kinds of which are cultivated as ornamentals.
- Genus Lantana, family Verbenaceae: many species, in particular the South American scrambler L. camara, grown as an ornamental and sometimes becoming an invasive weed
- The monarch-attracting butterflyweed, verbena, lantana, ornamental grass, dietes, daylilies, black elephant ears and white-topped sedge set a natural stage for the water.
- Should I trim verbena and lantana to encourage flowering?
- John, who lives at Sunset Beach, says his colourful front garden - full of bougainvillea, roses and lantanas - will give Steve's tropical paradise a run for its money.
modern Latin, from the specific name of the wayfaring tree Viburnum lantana, which it resembles superficially.
Definition of lantana in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan