- The part on each side of a coat or jacket immediately below the collar that is folded back on either side of the front opening.More example sentences
- For men, the geometry of jacket lapels, shoulder pads and waist tapering emphasize the strong upper body of a male.
- The finely tailored jacket featured wide lapels and side belt with turn-ups prominent on the classic cut pants.
- He tugged at the front lapel of his suit jacket and pulled it to his nose.
mid 17th century: diminutive of lap1.
More definitions of lapelDefinition of lapel in:
- The British & World English dictionary