1A member of an indigenous people of far northern Scandinavia, traditionally associated with the herding of reindeer.
- The Finns arrived in their present territory thousands of years ago, pushing the indigenous Lapps into the more remote northern regions.
- Was this the result of ‘transhumance’ societies akin to the Lapps following reindeer into the northern tundra?
- She goes on to explain what a resource the reindeer is for the Lapps; how they eat everything but the skin and antlers, which of course have other uses.
Relating to the Lapps or their language.
- While water from the taps in Finland runs clear and cold, we discovered that lungfuls of Lapp air are an even better tonic.
- My guess was that it was a traditional Lapp coat.
- Through persistence and ingenuity Wille is able to free himself from his captivity and then finds shelter with Anni, a young, sturdy and independent Lapp peasant.
Words that rhyme with Lappbap, cap, chap, clap, dap, entrap, enwrap, flap, frap, gap, giftwrap, hap, knap, lap, map, nap, nappe, pap, rap, sap, schappe, scrap, slap, snap, strap, tap, trap, wrap, yap, zap
Definition of Lapp in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.