- The cecum, colon, and rectum collectively.More example sentences
- Gastrointestinal defects are structural defects that can occur at any point along the gastrointestinal tract, which is made up of the esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines, rectum, and anus.
- Paneth cells are commonly found in the mucosa of the entire small intestine and the proximal large intestine, including the appendix.
- In other species, an expanded region of the first part of the large intestine, the caecum, serves a similar function.
More definitions of large intestineDefinition of large intestine in:
- The British & World English dictionary