- 1Generosity in bestowing money or gifts upon others: dispensing his money with such largesseMore example sentences
- He was quite happy, in fact, to rely upon US training and largesse less than twenty years ago.
- Thus, it turns out that the declaration of ‘independence’ is dependent upon largesse from the oil conglomerates.
- This incredible Federal Reserve largesse did not go unnoticed by the leveraged speculating community.
- 1.1Money or gifts given generously: the distribution of largesse to the local populationMore example sentences
- Unfortunately, he said, this government was more interested in distribution of largesse on the basis of patronage.
- In retrospect, Australia's flourishing multiculturalism was built on a fragile base: a booming economy with a wide distribution of its largesse.
- You liked new engines, but management was scrupulous in its distribution of such largesse and your share was minute.
Middle English: from Old French, from Latin largus 'copious'.