Definition of lasagna in English:
1Pasta in the form of wide strips.
- Not only that, but the light waves are all lined up in the same direction, like strips of lasagna in a pan.
- At home, instead of making pasta, I have settled for thick, ripply dried lasagna, which doesn't quite stack up.
- Put bowls of cooked pasta (spaghetti, rigatoni, lasagna, rotini, etc.) around the table and use a dark colored tray as your Cloodle pad.
1.1A baked Italian dish consisting of wide strips of pasta cooked and layered with meat or vegetables, cheese, and tomato sauce.
- For pasta, I sampled the lasagna with meat, the vegetable lasagna and the tortellini with rosé sauce.
- But they are also healthy - and tasty - boiled and topped with butter and cheese sauce, baked in a vegetarian lasagna or fried with scrambled eggs.
- If you're a vegetarian, leave out the meat and make your lasagna with fat-free ricotta cheese, which adds a whopping 40 grams of protein per half-cup.
Definition of lasagna in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia