1Pasta in the form of wide strips.
- Not only that, but the light waves are all lined up in the same direction, like strips of lasagna in a pan.
- At home, instead of making pasta, I have settled for thick, ripply dried lasagna, which doesn't quite stack up.
- Put bowls of cooked pasta (spaghetti, rigatoni, lasagna, rotini, etc.) around the table and use a dark colored tray as your Cloodle pad.
1.1A baked Italian dish consisting of wide strips of pasta cooked and layered with meat or vegetables, cheese, and tomato sauce.
- For pasta, I sampled the lasagna with meat, the vegetable lasagna and the tortellini with rosé sauce.
- But they are also healthy - and tasty - boiled and topped with butter and cheese sauce, baked in a vegetarian lasagna or fried with scrambled eggs.
- If you're a vegetarian, leave out the meat and make your lasagna with fat-free ricotta cheese, which adds a whopping 40 grams of protein per half-cup.
Italian, plural of lasagna, based on Latin lasanum 'chamber pot', perhaps also 'cooking pot'.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of lasagna in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.