Definition of lascivious in English:
(Of a person, manner, or gesture) feeling or revealing an overt and often offensive sexual desire: he gave her a lascivious wink
More example sentences
- Mild expressions of lascivious interest in fellow bar patrons or party-attendees also come in handy.
- I think it's interesting that we went from seven lewd and lascivious charges down to four, and one of them is an attempt, as well.
- The previous year, Miami cops had had the suspect in custody for lewd and lascivious molestation, without checking his immigration status.
lecherous, lewd, lustful, licentious, libidinous, salacious, lubricious, prurient, dirty, smutty, naughty, indecent, ribald
- Example sentences
- As drunken eyes pass lasciviously about the room, they might take in the car keys dangling about crotch level.
- Whereas standing with a group of peers at a bus stop or in a cineplex, passing lewd comments, gesticulating lasciviously and generally behaving obnoxiously requires mere numbers.
- ‘I know a better game’, she said lasciviously, looking at Debbie and giggling.
- Example sentences
- The actor's immorality is not lasciviousness, as Puritans and neo-Confucians believed, but the vanity culture that makes all pursuits vain, extrinsic, and spectacular.
- Perhaps the only criticism I might put forward is that he made the Aunt a little too old, making her lasciviousness and lust a little unbelievable (the book portrays her as a raunchy woman but not that old).
- The glories of technology, combined with our high-octane lasciviousness and natural good looks, have made our town the purportedly third-biggest pornography producing centre in the world, after Los Angeles and Amsterdam.
Late Middle English: from late Latin lasciviosus, from Latin lascivia 'lustfulness', from lascivus 'lustful, wanton'.
Words that rhyme with lasciviousniveous, oblivious
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.