Definition of laser gun in English:
1A handheld device incorporating a laser beam, used typically for reading a bar code or for determining the distance or speed of an object.
- This laser gun is the latest hand-held speed detection equipment and does not need a vehicle so it is very easy to deploy.
- These pulses reflect back to the laser gun, which calculates how much the distance is changing with time. That calculation results in a speed read-out on the laser gun.
- The advertisement used a picture of a policeman holding a speed laser gun.
1.1(In science fiction) a weapon that uses a powerful laser beam.
- There were no flaws to his game, for the most part he found the fairways with the accuracy of a laser gun and peppered the flags with some exquisite approach work.
- The firearms are big, meaty ballistic weapons - no futuristic laser guns here.
- They were all wearing black trench coats and carrying laser guns, big huge things that could blow a hole through the wall easily.
Definition of laser gun in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia