- Done at the last possible moment, typically in desperation: his current appeal is a last-gasp effort to try to overturn the convictionMore example sentences
- After going two behind and pulling both goals back, they conceded a last-gasp penalty to lose the match 3-2.
- But an equaliser and last-gasp goal took the points away from Star of India.
- The secured the two-point win after a last-gasp victory at Greenhead Park, Huddersfield.
More definitions of last-gaspDefinition of last-gasp in:
- The British & World English dictionary