noun (plural latchkeys)
- A key of an outer door of a house.More example sentences
- Keoch declined the offer, wishing to be with his family, but offered to drop the others off at the tavern before going home, and passed Rhyll a latchkey to his house, so they could return when they wished.
- In the early 1920s, I and my elder sister Lettice went to a ball most nights and were not allowed latchkeys.
- What bugs me like a flea pancake - aside from the strange latchkey hanging from her belt loop - is the number of necklaces ringing her nape, one of which is so long that it swings down between her thighs.
More definitions of latchkeyDefinition of latchkey in:
- The British & World English dictionary