chiefly North American
noun (plural Latinos)
(In North America) a person of Latin American origin or descent, especially a man or boy. See also Latina.
- For other Latinas and Latinos, the bestowal of posthumous citizenship was bitterly ironic.
- So, I think sometimes we're not getting our message to African Americans and to Latinos.
- The groups met for six two-hour sessions and were composed of African Americans and Latinos.
Relating to Latinos.
- The presidential election is just more than five weeks away, and a key voting block is expected to be Latino voters.
- He'll tell us why he says Latino voters will determine the outcome of the presidential election this year.
- Georgia has one of the fastest growing Latino populations in the country.
See Hispanic (usage).
Latin American Spanish, probably a special use of Spanish latino (see Latin).
Words that rhyme with Latinoalbino, bambino, babycino, beano, Borodino, Borsalino, cappuccino, casino, chino, Comino, concertino, Filipino, fino, Gino, keno, Ladino, Leno, maraschino, merino, Monte Cassino, Navarino, neutrino, Pacino, palomino, pecorino, Reno, San Marino, Sansovino, Torino, Trevino, Valentino, vino, Zeno
Definition of Latino in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.