- 1A structure that holds a rocket or missile, typically one used as a weapon, during launching: a rocket launcher a grenade launcherMore example sentences
- As the beam bit into the front of the missile launcher, the protons shed their immense kinetic energy in the form of infrared radiation.
- The protesting workers used tanks, armoured cars, and missile launchers to seal the entrance, creating a gridlock along a nearby highway.
- The United States developed a multitude of delivery systems, ranging from multiple rocket launchers to missiles.
- 1.1A rocket that is used to convey a satellite or spacecraft into orbit.More example sentences
- Increasingly, both the United States and the Soviet Union made improvements to their missiles that made them capable satellite and space capsule launchers.
- Envisat, with its mass of 8 tonnes, will be the heaviest satellite ever to be put into orbit by an Ariane launcher.
- Rocketry engineers will design launchers and spacecraft aimed at making space travel inexpensive and routine.
More definitions of launcherDefinition of launcher in:
- The British & World English dictionary