Definition of launcher in English:
1A structure that holds a rocket or missile, typically one used as a weapon, during launching: a rocket launcher a grenade launcher
More example sentences
- As the beam bit into the front of the missile launcher, the protons shed their immense kinetic energy in the form of infrared radiation.
- The protesting workers used tanks, armoured cars, and missile launchers to seal the entrance, creating a gridlock along a nearby highway.
- The United States developed a multitude of delivery systems, ranging from multiple rocket launchers to missiles.
1.1A rocket that is used to convey a satellite or spacecraft into orbit.
- Increasingly, both the United States and the Soviet Union made improvements to their missiles that made them capable satellite and space capsule launchers.
- Envisat, with its mass of 8 tonnes, will be the heaviest satellite ever to be put into orbit by an Ariane launcher.
- Rocketry engineers will design launchers and spacecraft aimed at making space travel inexpensive and routine.
Words that rhyme with launcherwhitewasher • Portia
Definition of launcher in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan