Definition of laurustinus in English:
An evergreen winter-flowering viburnum with dense glossy green leaves and white or pink flowers, native to the Mediterranean area and cultivated elsewhere.
- Viburnum tinus, family Caprifoliaceae
- Throughout the winter, we get blooms from the sturdy evergreen shrub known commonly as laurustinus.
- Non-native plants, such as Laurustinus (Viburnum tinus) will also contribute to the increasing number of late winter pit stops for insects.
- Each had its gay little garden, its shrubbery of lilac, holly, or laurustinus, and its creeper-covered porch.
Definition of laurustinus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan