- An evergreen winter-flowering viburnum with dense glossy green leaves and white or pink flowers, native to the Mediterranean area and cultivated elsewhere.
More example sentences
- Viburnum tinus, family Caprifoliaceae
- Throughout the winter, we get blooms from the sturdy evergreen shrub known commonly as laurustinus.
- Non-native plants, such as Laurustinus (Viburnum tinus) will also contribute to the increasing number of late winter pit stops for insects.
- Each had its gay little garden, its shrubbery of lilac, holly, or laurustinus, and its creeper-covered porch.
early 17th century: modern Latin, from Latin laurus 'laurel' + tinus 'wild laurel'.
More definitions of laurustinusDefinition of laurustinus in:
- The British & World English dictionary