- Washing out of a body cavity, such as the colon or stomach, with water or a medicated solution.More example sentences
- Active core rewarming also can be accomplished by warm lavage of several body cavities.
- The patient would probably benefit from doing transbronchial biopsies with the lavage if that is the prime consideration.
- Pulmonary compromise was induced by repeated normal saline solution lavage.
late 18th century (in the general sense 'washing, a wash'): from French, from laver 'to wash'.
More definitions of lavageDefinition of lavage in:
- The British & World English dictionary