- 1 another term for natural law.More example sentences
- We are only beginning to understand the laws of nature.
- But as the days wear on it becomes clear that, in this lifeboat in the middle of nowhere, the only things that survives are the brutal laws of nature.
- If you're scientist, you want to prove X causes Y, because you're trying to figure out the laws of nature.
- 2 • informal A regularly occurring or apparently inevitable phenomenon observable in human society: it’s a law of nature—however much space you have, you fill itMore example sentences
- Raise the regulatory barrier, pay more money: it's a law of nature.
- There's no law of nature that says service jobs are inevitably low paid and without benefits.
- This is because it's patently against the laws of nature to clean clothes without getting them wet.
More definitions of law of natureDefinition of law of nature in:
- The British & World English dictionary