More example sentences
- He is expected to meet with French lawmakers and senior Foreign Ministry officials Tuesday.
- The Magna Carta does not, as I understand it, curtail the sovereignty of the proper lawmaker to make what laws seem fit to him.
- There are a total of nine independent lawmakers in the current legislature.
- More example sentences
- No doubt the Legislature can overrule the Judiciary by its law-making power but can the Executive do so, through an Ordinance?
- There may be another advantage, that it is the only conceivable or arguable source of valid law-making power.
- The House is scheduled this year to deliberate 55 bills included in the National Legislation Program, which is a reference for legislators in the law-making process.
Pronunciation: /-ˌmākiNG/adjective & noun
Definition of lawmaker in:
- The British & World English dictionary