- 1 Basketball A one-handed shot made from near the basket, especially one that rebounds off the backboard.More example sentences
- This year my team did really bad because they couldn't hit their jump shots, 3 pointers, lay-ups, or free throws.
- He never tried jump shots, just lay-ups and dunks.
- You'll have a number of tools at your disposal to rack up the points on the court, along with the usual jump shots, dunks and lay-ups.
More definitions of layupDefinition of layup in:
- The British & World English dictionary