noun (plural laywomen)
- A nonordained female member of a church.More example sentences
- At that time I was introduced to a laywoman who was influential in the Catholic church in that electoral district where my brother ran.
- He will be featuring reports from a priest and a consecrated laywoman who are in Rome and emailing him.
- She was a tough Aussie laywoman who persevered in faith over the persecution of her hostile bishop.
More definitions of laywomanDefinition of laywoman in:
- The British & World English dictionary