- Water that has percolated through a solid and leached out some of the constituents.More example sentences
- Already, from the illegal dumping that has already been done at the site, toxic leachate has polluted ground water reaching the Carrigower and Slaney river systems.
- If accepted by Essex County Council, the plans would see the new facility use air, water and leachate, liquid produced by decomposing waste, to treat household waste in two 40-metre long concrete processing plants.
- All landfills, including those not in use, produce landfill gases and leachate, or water that has permeated the surrounding soil.
More definitions of leachateDefinition of leachate in:
- The British & World English dictionary