- Denoting a secondary cell or battery in which the electrodes are plates or grids of lead (or lead alloy) immersed in dilute sulfuric acid. The anode is coated with lead dioxide and the cathode with spongy lead.More example sentences
- Lithium is the lightest metal on the Periodic Table, in contrast to lead in lead-acid batteries, which is one of the heaviest.
- Therefore, an electric car has a normal 12-volt lead-acid battery to power all of the accessories.
- They have a limited capacity (a typical lead-acid battery pack might hold 12 to 15 kilowatt-hours of electricity, giving a car a range of only 50 miles or so).
More definitions of lead-acidDefinition of lead-acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary