- Glass containing a substantial proportion of lead oxide, making it more refractive. Also called lead crystal.More example sentences
- The chosen pieces show the versatility of the medium in the broad range of techniques used - blowing and sandblasting, hot and cold casting, engraving, pate de verre, stained and lead glass.
- Developments in glass technology in the late seventeenth century, particularly the use of lead glass, offered, for the first time, a medium of unsurpassed clarity.
- In England high-quality lead glass was not available until George Ravenscroft introduced it in the third quarter of the seventeenth century.
More definitions of lead glassDefinition of lead glass in:
- The British & World English dictionary