Definition of leaf beetle in English:
A small beetle that feeds chiefly on leaves and typically has bright metallic coloring. Some kinds are serious crop pests.
- Family Chrysomelidae: numerous species
- It's not that the beetle likes water - it's a leaf beetle - but that flooding disturbs the ground which encourages the plant.
- One of the new pests to reach Ohio in recent years is the bean leaf beetle, which has long infested other states, carrying with it bean pod mottle virus.
- Cereal leaf beetle larvae may defoliate small grain foliage in the spring.
Definition of leaf beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.