Definition of leaf monkey in English:
A leaf-eating, arboreal Asian monkey that is related to the langurs.
- Genus Presbytis, family Cercopithecidae: several species
- The white-bellied woodpecker, banded leaf monkey, cream-colored giant squirrel, and many tree species are all represented by just a handful of individuals.
- Species such as the banded leaf monkey and the cream-coloured giant squirrel have lost so many of their numbers that they will likely become extinct in a few decades - hence the term ‘living dead.’
- Only the sequences from species for which multiple sequences were cloned (human, orangutan, rhesus, leaf monkey, and guereza) were input as data.
Definition of leaf monkey in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.