A bat with a leaflike appendage on the snout.
- Families Hipposideridae (Old World) and Phyllostomatidae (New World): numerous species
More example sentences
- The best-supported nodes in the tree mostly correspond with unquestioned sister taxa in the data set (hedgehog and gymnure; Daubenton's and leaf-nosed bats; horse and rhino; sheep and cow; mouse and mole rat; human and squirrel monkey).
- Old World leaf-nosed bats are sometimes regarded as a subfamily of the Rhinolophidae.
- To explore this idea, the investigators turned to the heterogeneous family of Phyllostomidae, the New World leaf-nosed bats.
Definition of leaf-nosed bat in:
- The British & World English dictionary