nounUS • informal
- A person who visits particular areas, especially in New England, to view the autumn foliage.More example sentences
- Whatever charges his batteries would surely charge mine, so we picked days after the tourists left but before the leaf peepers arrived.
- The quest is for the perfect moment, the exact time and location when a leaf peeper will encounter the height of foliage color and experience foliage ecstasy.
- It's not autumn until leaf peepers overmatch the bargain zombies in the outlet malls of Vermont.
- More example sentences
- October is the resort's busiest month because of the many meetings scheduled there as well as the popular leaf-peeping in the area mountains.
- The city serves as the gateway to all of New England, from leaf peeping to hiking to skiing.
- If there's only leaf peeping to be had an hour north, then I am doomed in going south.
More definitions of leaf peeperDefinition of leaf peeper in:
- The British & World English dictionary