noun[usually with modifier]
- Any of a large number of fungal, bacterial, or viral plant diseases that cause leaves to develop discolored spots.More example sentences
- Anthracnose, Alternaria leaf spot and Aschochyta leaf spot all are more severe under conditions of high humidity and high temperatures.
- Other problems that could be bothersome include mildew, leaf spot, and bacterial blight.
- Remove and burn all leaves that show signs of rust or bacterial leaf spot.
More definitions of leaf spotDefinition of leaf spot in:
- The British & World English dictionary