- A strand of conducting vessels extending from the stem to the base of a leaf.More example sentences
- Each leaf trace is ultimately derived from an axial bundle or bundles.
- Lyginopteris has axillary branching and a small petiole with a V- or W-shaped leaf trace.
- The first 24 hr of each leaf trace were excluded from the period estimation to remove any transient effects of the transfer to continuous light and, where possible, the window was started from 40 to 60 hr elapsed time for consistency.
More definitions of leaf traceDefinition of leaf trace in:
- The British & World English dictionary