Definition of leafbird in English:
A tree-dwelling songbird of South and Southeast Asia with mainly green plumage and a black bill, the male typically having a black throat.
- Genus Chloropsis, family Irenidae (or Chloropseidae): several species
- However, I stray from the purpose of our trip: birds, which were no less alluring than all the scenes mentioned above, with names such as leafbirds, bulbuls, coucals, laughingthrushes, babblers, sunbirds and junglefowl.
- This higher-level sequencing convention results in some strange and eye-catching placements, such as the kinglets between bulbuls and leafbirds, or the vireos between whydahs and fringillids.
- Scott then placed the males next to the cage of a male Orange-bellied Leafbird, and soon all three males were singing the leafbird song.
Definition of leafbird in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan