1The holding of property by lease: a form of leasehold [as modifier]: leasehold premises Often contrasted with freehold.
More example sentences
- There are other traditional leasehold structures including terminating leases of 50-100 years.
- For instance, a 10-year leasehold interest may not be like-kind with an 18-year leasehold interest.
- With a well-written lease and a properly managed building, a leasehold flat should provide a perfectly good home for occupants and a secure investment.
1.1A property held by lease.
- Timeshares and leaseholds are available in fully furnished 15th century buildings of various sizes.
- Do the people who buy leaseholds even know they will have big problems when their leasehold expires?
- In declining real estate value environment, long-term leaseholds could become an liabilities instead of assets.
- Example sentences
- The cost of maintaining these areas is recharged to the leaseholder as part of the annual service charge.
- This handbook is for leaseholders whose flat is in a building owned and managed by Lewes District Council.
- In this booklet ` tenant’ is used to describe both long leaseholders and other tenants.
Early 18th century: from lease, on the pattern of freehold.
Definition of leasehold in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.