- A method of estimating a quantity or fitting a graph to data so as to minimize the sum of the squares of the differences between the observed values and the estimated values.More example sentences
- One thing is certain, to find the least squares polynomial the above linear system must be solved.
- The general least squares process can be used to solve a set of equations for a set of unknowns.
- For linear models, the least squares minimization is usually done analytically using calculus.
More definitions of least squaresDefinition of least squares in:
- The British & World English dictionary