- 1 see titi2.More example sentences
- Myrtles and leatherwoods thickly adorn the river bank and the large grass tree (richea pandanifolia) is also present.
- After much prompting and insistence by beekeepers, Forestry Tasmania agreed to try and retain leatherwoods (subject to safety considerations) in one of the Class 4 (small flowing streams) stream reserves of 10m on either side of the stream, on the Northern side of the coupe.
- 2A North American shrub with yellow flowers and very short leafstalks. Its tough, pliant bark was formerly used by American Indians for making baskets, fishing lines, and bowstrings.
More example sentences
- Dirca palustris, family Thymelaeaceae
- Following his initial studies, Bill began an experiment to test the hypothesis that low temperatures during winter limit the sexual reproductive success of western leatherwoods at certain sites.
- But we're quickly succumbing to the river's magnificence; its sweet-tasting, clear waters, tinged brown by the tannin leaching off plants, surging and meandering between banks crowded with a jostling throng of trees, tall leatherwoods dropping white blossoms into the foam-covered eddies.
- The wide temperature swings characteristic of the leatherwood flowering period in the Upper Peninsula is probably among the most severe within its range.
More definitions of leatherwoodDefinition of leatherwood in:
- The British & World English dictionary