- 1Discontinue (an activity): the dog left off chasing the sheepMore example sentences
- He continued where he left off after the break and nearly gave his side the lead after 52 minutes.
- In the second half the game continued in the same vein, where it left off at the break.
- I swear it leaves off then, to resume work somewhere in my abdomen, causing the most uncomfortable swelling and, eventually, making it harder and harder to breath.
- 1.1Come to an end: he resumed the other story at the point where the previous author had left offMore example sentences
- Since we last left off, there have been major problems that have arisen with regard to our building project.
- They rode right into a squadron of our own cavalry, who dealt with them and finished where we'd left off.
- Some even carry on a story from where tracks on previous albums left off.
More definitions of leave offDefinition of leave off in:
- The British & World English dictionary