- A substance widely distributed in animal tissues, egg yolk, and some higher plants, consisting of phospholipids linked to choline.More example sentences
- The line of lecithin offered is suitable for both food and cosmetic purposes.
- Since lecithin acts as an emulsifier, it will make whatever you mix it with smoother and creamier.
- Soy and egg are common allergens, so for some people dietary supplements containing lecithin may not be safe.
mid 19th century: from Greek lekithos 'egg yolk' + -in1.
More definitions of lecithinDefinition of lecithin in:
- The British & World English dictionary