Definition of left-footed in English:
1(Of a person) using one’s left foot more naturally than the right.
- Dyer is not naturally left-footed and it showed because he never got in behind Cafu.
- He might not be left-footed, but he's got such a good right foot, you could open a can of beans with it.
- His versatility and the fact he is naturally left-footed will give the squad more balance.
1.1(Especially of a kick) done with a person’s left foot: he drove a left-footed shot into the net
More example sentences
- Dave Unsworth stepped up to send a swerving left-footed free kick crashing past Preston keeper Teuvo Moilanen.
- Seamus Farrell and Pa Kavanagh tied the teams before Brian Walker floated over a left-footed shot from an acute angle on the left for a dramatic win.
- A superb left-footed point by Benji O'Brien within seconds of the throw-in was quickly replied to by Jamie Doyle with a 20 metre free for Clonmore.
Definition of left-footed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan