1The hand of a person’s left side.
- Over 20 children played games, painted and ate their lunch only using their left hands.
- Nobody knows what causes about one in 10 people to have dominant left hands.
- People who agree with the statement raise their right hands, while people who disagree raise their left hands.
1On or toward the left side of a person or thing: his left-hand pocket
More example sentences
- As Well belatedly settled, the young defender lined up a free kick 25 metres out and curled it towards the top left-hand corner.
- Mark McGeown, the Airdrie goalkeeper, could only watch as the ball arced towards the top left-hand corner and in off the post.
- Korea win a free-kick on the left-hand side of Germany's box and win a corner.
Definition of left hand in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.