- 1The hand of a person’s left side.More example sentences
- Over 20 children played games, painted and ate their lunch only using their left hands.
- Nobody knows what causes about one in 10 people to have dominant left hands.
- People who agree with the statement raise their right hands, while people who disagree raise their left hands.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- 1On or toward the left side of a person or thing: his left-hand pocketMore example sentences
- As Well belatedly settled, the young defender lined up a free kick 25 metres out and curled it towards the top left-hand corner.
- Mark McGeown, the Airdrie goalkeeper, could only watch as the ball arced towards the top left-hand corner and in off the post.
- Korea win a free-kick on the left-hand side of Germany's box and win a corner.
- 1.1Done with or using the left hand: an excellent left-hand catchMore example sentences
- Fuentes made a positive start, catching Brodie with crisp left-hand jabs.
- This mystery man is Ashok Gandotra, a left-hand batsman who won two Test caps for India.
More definitions of left handDefinition of left hand in:
- The British & World English dictionary