Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of left luggage in English:
noun[mass noun] British
1Travellers' luggage left in temporary storage at a railway station, bus station, or airport.
- Orkney Tourist Board has resumed its summer left luggage and tourist information service at the Kirkwall Bus Station in Great Western Road.
- The French Interior Ministry told Reuters that two small flasks containing traces of the poison were discovered in a left luggage depot at the Gare de Lyon railway station in Paris.
- A quick amble about the station revealed that the left luggage lockers were closed and sealed due to the security precautions, so I decided not to bother with trying to go for an amble whilst dragging my wheelie case and carrying my laptop.
1.1A room where left luggage may be stored temporarily for a small charge: I picked up my parcel from left luggage
More example sentences
- The terminal was evacuated while a suspect bag at left luggage was investigated.
- Innes deposited his rucksack in left luggage, presumably intending to travel the next night.
- Victor finished up sleeping in left luggage at King's Cross for a while, one of the station staff having taken pity on him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.