Something, especially food, remaining after the rest has been used or consumed.
- This salad also makes great leftovers and will keep fresh in your fridge for up to seven days!
- Tonight I made him a baked potato to go with the leftovers and he gobbled it all up.
- There once was a time when a Monday lunch was Sunday's leftovers or a cheap sandwich.
Remaining; surplus: yesterday’s leftover bread
More example sentences
- He had finished cleaning and was now pouring the leftover coffee on the remains of the fire.
- Similar to last year's party, I wound up with a ton of leftover beer and an extra cooler.
- He ate the leftover spaghetti and bread before he even realized it, then picked up the glass of water.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.