Definition of leftover in English:
Something, especially food, remaining after the rest has been used or consumed.
- This salad also makes great leftovers and will keep fresh in your fridge for up to seven days!
- Tonight I made him a baked potato to go with the leftovers and he gobbled it all up.
- There once was a time when a Monday lunch was Sunday's leftovers or a cheap sandwich.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
Remaining; surplus: yesterday’s leftover bread
More example sentences
- He had finished cleaning and was now pouring the leftover coffee on the remains of the fire.
- Similar to last year's party, I wound up with a ton of leftover beer and an extra cooler.
- He ate the leftover spaghetti and bread before he even realized it, then picked up the glass of water.
Words that rhyme with leftoverpushover
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India